Lawrie Cottam Biography
Pastor Lawrie Cottam was born in the North-West of England on 26th April 1924 and is a man who has served God faithfully in the Salford region of Manchester for over 88 years. In his autobiography, Pastor Lawrie writes about his adventures as a young man during the war and how God miraculous brought him into a relationship with Jesus Christ and freed him from the bondage of sin. Once a believer, Lawrence surrendered his life to Christ and God used him to restore a crumbling church building and lead a congregation to closer intimacy with God. Lawrie’s encouragement to believers today is that there is no such thing as an insignificant member of the body of Christ. In his book, he writes that his book is written for:
- All those who think that they have no talent and cannot be used by God.
- All those who are in a hard place, perhaps holding a small congregation together with little help from the bigger churches.
- All those who are sad at heart, because their loved ones are not going on for the Lord, despite all the love and efforts they have made to win them for Jesus.
- All who read this autobiography, to realise that God can and does want to use you in His service and that the words of the hymn writer are definitely true. There’s a work for Jesus none but you can do.
We have the privilege of publishing his autobiography entitled “Sailor, Farmer, Preacher” on InspirationalChristians.org, and encourage you to download it or read it online by following the links below.
Read ‘Farmer, Sailor, Preacher’ online
We have made the PDF version of ‘Sailor, Farmer, Pastor’ available for you on our servers. Use the button below to download it: Download the book ‘Farmer, Sailor, Preacher – An autobiography by L. Cottam’ for Free as PDFDownload the book ‘Farmer, Sailor, Preacher – An autobiography by L. Cottam’ for Free as ePub for reading on Apple device, Android device and KindleIf you prefer, you can read the chapters from the book on InspirationalChristians.org:
- Chapter 1 – Early Days
- Chapter 2 – Uneasy and Itchy Feet
- Chapter 3 – Divine Preservation
- Chapter 4 – Crossroads and Mrs W.
- Chapter 5 – The Call of God
- Chapter 6 – Building of Cadishead Church
- Chapter 7 – Influenced by Fire
- Chapter 8 – The Baxton Vision
- Chapter 9 – Discovering Christ Church
- Chapter 10 – Restoring Christ Church
- Chapter 11 – Reflections